Welcome!

Welcome to my blog!

First I would like to say that I have never attempted to blog before--so please bear with me as I embark on one of my New Years Resolutions...

2010 was very good to me. I bought a house with my boyfriend, Chris and changed careers, among many other things. I was fortunate enough to be able to take a little break between my old job and current job. And by a little, I mean almost 5 weeks.

I found myself on the couch often, watching Giada, Paula Deen, Barefoot Contessa, The Neelys -- you know, the usual Food Network lineup. I began experimenting with recipes and realized that cooking is not as hard as it looks (despite the fact that I have to wear my hair in a pony tail with an apron on - as opposed to Giada whose hair is perfectly styled while simultaneously showing off the girls and creating thousands of amazing recipes with her key ingredient, marscapone cheese -- maybe I am a tinsy bit jealous).

College is over, and as much as I don't want to admit it, I am becoming an adult. No longer is it acceptable to bring a pack of keystone to a party. And I am sure the love of my life will not stick around forever if he continues to get fed Raman Noodles. So, pour a glass of wine and join me on my journey through the kitchen as I teach myself to cook! I hope you and your family enjoy these recipes as much as we have.

LOVE,

Lauren


Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Crab Cakes with Lemon Dill Sauce

Sorry I have not blogged in a while! Work has been busy! Had a wonderful date last night with my Valentine. We went to Sapristi in Fort Worth. It is an adorable little french bistro. The food was delicious. We had steak tartare, a ceasar salad with anchovies, mussells and fries, chicken cordon bleu with a lemon artichoke cream sauce and of course, lots of yummy wine :) I highly recommend this restaurant. We love trying new things. My next big cooking attempt will be to recreate their chicken cordon bleu.

As for this weeks recipe. I actually made these crab cakes the day after sushi date night. We had so much leftover crab, and I wanted to use it before it went bad. They turned out delicious and were definitely filling enough to eat for dinner not just for an appetizer.



Crab Cakes

Ingredients:

1 1/2 pounds of lump crab meat
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1 cup crushed ritz crackers
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
4 tbs butter
1 green onion, diced
1 minced garlic close
2 tbs djion mustard
4 tbs heavy whipping cream
1 egg
dash of cayenne pepper
s & p
1 tbs parsely, minced

Preparation:

1. Saute green onion, bell pepper and garlic in butter on medium heat until soft. Remove from heat.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combind sauteed mixture, heavy whipping cream, mustard, egg, parsley, cayenne, ONLY 1/2 cup crushed ritz, and S & P to taste. Then slowly fold in crab meat.
3. Form into patties (the size of hamburger) and then coat with additional ritz mixed with parmesan cheese. Refridgerate for at least 2 hours.
4. After 2 hours of refridgerating, place crab cakes on a metal baking sheet. Bake in oven for 400 degrees at 10-12 min or until crispy brown.

Lemon Dill Sauce

Ingredients:

1 cup mayo
1/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup chopped dill
1 tbs parsley
zest of small lemon
3 tbs lemon juice
1/2 tsp garlic salt

Preparation:

1. Combine all ingredients and refridgerate.

***Hope you all enjoy!! These crab cakes were such a treat for us! Chris loved them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment