Welcome!

Welcome to my blog!

First I would like to say that I have never attempted to blog before--so please bear with me as I embark on one of my New Years Resolutions...

2010 was very good to me. I bought a house with my boyfriend, Chris and changed careers, among many other things. I was fortunate enough to be able to take a little break between my old job and current job. And by a little, I mean almost 5 weeks.

I found myself on the couch often, watching Giada, Paula Deen, Barefoot Contessa, The Neelys -- you know, the usual Food Network lineup. I began experimenting with recipes and realized that cooking is not as hard as it looks (despite the fact that I have to wear my hair in a pony tail with an apron on - as opposed to Giada whose hair is perfectly styled while simultaneously showing off the girls and creating thousands of amazing recipes with her key ingredient, marscapone cheese -- maybe I am a tinsy bit jealous).

College is over, and as much as I don't want to admit it, I am becoming an adult. No longer is it acceptable to bring a pack of keystone to a party. And I am sure the love of my life will not stick around forever if he continues to get fed Raman Noodles. So, pour a glass of wine and join me on my journey through the kitchen as I teach myself to cook! I hope you and your family enjoy these recipes as much as we have.

LOVE,

Lauren


Thursday, February 17, 2011

AMAZING TURKEY LASAGNA

Make this and you will love it. I promise you that. We had it for dinner last night and ate until we couldnt move anymore. We might have polished off the whole pan BUT it was low fat. Haha Well...about as low fat as you can get for lasagna (which isnt very). Really easy to make--you just need to allow time for it to cook.

Chris' Favorite Lasagna

Ingredients:

1 can Delmonte Traditional spaghetti sauce (or any plain red sauce-- simple flavors)
1 lb ground lean turkey mean
italian seasoning
garlic powder
s & p
15 ounce tub fat free ricotta cheese
1 pkg low fat mozzerella cheese
2 eggs
whole wheat lasagna noodles, already cooked per box directions
parmesan cheese to top

Preparation:

1. Brown turkey meat over medium heat in skillet. Add GENEROUSLY (you want to taste the seasonings) italian seasoning, garlic powder and s & p. Remove from heat.
2. In a small mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese with 2 eggs. Set aside.
3. Spray a little pam on the bottom and sides of glass baking dish. Begin with a layer of noodles. Then spread half the ricotta cheese mixture evenly over the noodles. Next cover with half the ground turkey. Then half the sauce and top with mozzerella cheese. Repeat with remaining ingredients (noodles, ricotta, meat, sauce, cheese). HOWEVER, leave a little sauce and cheese aside to save for the top. Place one more layer of noodles on top and lightly cover with remaining sauce and cheese. Add parmesan cheese over top before baking.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.

ENJOY!



1 comment:

  1. I really do love this lasagna, I ate 3/4 of the pan. I felt good while doing it, but not so much afterwards. I blamed it on Lauren being such a good cook, and I'm sticking to it.

    ReplyDelete